A woman’s overall well-being is directly related to her body’s hormonal balance. This is true right from puberty until her menopause stage. Achieving balanced hormones means having the right amount of androgens, testosterone and estrogens. These play an important role in maintaining the muscle and skin tone, improving vitality and vigor, and boosting energy levels.
In cases of significant imbalance, fertility, sexual desire, and moods are greatly affected. Women resort to supplements when the fluctuations cause symptoms that are difficult to handle. These external doses in the form of tablets are also used for anti-aging treatments in women.
HRT – Harmful Side Effects
• Conventional HRT refers to replacing these biochemicals with synthetic ones. But, they come with serious side effects, especially if taken over a long period.
• Some of these treatments use Dehydroepiandrosterone or DHEA, which provides some relief. It is considered good for controlling depression.
• While they have some benefits, they are directly related to the development of various cancers, blood clots and heart diseases.
Lifestyle Changes are the Best Option
According to Green Gold Nutrition, taking enough nutritional supplements and making permanent changes in your lifestyle are the best therapies for many health maladies. In the case of hormonal imbalance, it can cause significant improvement if people stop leading a sedentary life and make subtle changes in their diet. Here’s why:
• It has been proven that stress and anxiety make a person look older. It is also known to cause hormonal imbalances in the body. So, managing your stress levels and learning to relax are important.
• Consume estrogen-rich food items like rice, oats applies, wheat, and cherries. Exercise regularly and get your beauty sleep.
• Consider alternative medicine like naturopathy or herbal remedies. There are some herbs, which can be extremely beneficial. But, consult an expert and do not self administer any herbal medicine.
• Acupuncture is another option. They help stimulate the energy paths in the body. It is known to be very beneficial for treating menstrual irregularity and infertility. They do not have any harmful side effects, as long as the therapy is done by professionals.
Lifestyle changes can be difficult to implement, but with a little discipline and perseverance, it is achievable. You can try the alternative therapies simultaneously.