When you want to buy a new car to replace your old one, you often face a dilemma as to what to do with your old car. While many people sell their old cars to other people or to a scrap yard, donating your used car to charity is now quite a popular option too.
By donating your vehicle, you not only feel good about yourself, but you can also declare this donation and claim tax benefits.
If you have never considered donating your car before, here are some reasons you should:
– When you donate your car, the proceeds are given to charity. The money can be used for any purpose to help the disadvantaged sections of the society.
– You can donate not just your car, but also other vehicles, like trucks, trailers, motorcycles, and sometimes even boats and caravans.
– When you choose to donate your car, your car is first auctioned off, then sold to the highest bidder. Certain charitable trusts often require transportation options and your donation comes in handy for them.
– You don’t have to drop your car off. All you need to do is register your car, which is then collected by authorized personnel.
– Vehicles that are not in working condition can also be donated. These vehicles are stripped down and individual parts may be sold, or the whole car may be sold as scrap, and the proceeds are given to charity.
The proceeds from your car can be used to build homes for those who are homeless, as well as for mentoring and scholarships among people from disadvantaged sections. If you have a vehicle that you do not use any more, you can make a difference in society by offering your vehicle up for donation.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.