Are you suffering from excruciating lower back pain that prevents you from doing anything? Well, that does not mean that you will have to suffer the pain for the rest of your life. The good news here is that there are many physiotherapists, who can help you cope with lower back pain and get rid of it, too.
The only catch here is for you to find the right one. Here are a few tips to do this.
Check Their Qualifications
Once you shortlist a few physiotherapists from your area, your task should be to check for their qualifications. Ideally, the physiotherapist you choose should be one who obtained a degree in the related field and registered to practice.
A physiotherapist who meets these requirements is one who must meet the standards of health practices such as:
- Indemnity insurance
- Standards of English language
- Code of conduct
- Criminal records
- Continuing professional development standards
Check Their Specialty
Physiotherapists are experts in different areas of specialisations such as sports injury, care of the elderly, mental health care, ergonomics in an office set up, stroke rehabilitation, head injuries, pregnancy, recovery post-surgery, etc. Hence, if your lower back pain is due to sports injury, for example, seek a physiotherapist who specialises in this area.
Physiotherapists themselves have suggestions in making this activity worth your while, such as:
- The methods of treatment used. Ask the therapist the methods that they use and choose the one whose techniques suit your requirements.
- Location of the therapist. Ideally, choose a therapist within easy reach so that you do not have to depend on others to take you to their clinic. For example, if you live in Townsville, find a Townsville physiotherapist.
- Availability of the therapist. Ensure that the physiotherapist you choose is available when you need them. A therapist that demands weeks of advance booking is not worth considering.
Use these tips to find the right physiotherapist, and rest easy knowing that your lower back pain would vanish in no time!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.